The faculty, staff, and administration of Blackhawk Technical College
, an institution of higher education, provide for the future of our community through excellence in technical education. We achieve this mission through:
With reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate individuals needing accommodations in the application, testing, and interview process. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex or national origin.
- Education for Employment by offering comprehensive occupational skills training which enables students to participate in the work force through Associate Degree, Technical Diploma, Certificate, and Apprenticeship programs;
- Training, Retraining, and Upgrading for entry, retention, or advancement in a vocational or technical field;
- General Education in core knowledge, skills, and attitudes which enable individuals to integrate learning into educational programs for personal and professional success;
- Basic Education to help students achieve levels of proficiency to succeed in an increasingly complex society;
- Economic Development by providing customized training and technical assistance to business and industry to foster the expansion of employment opportunities;
- Equal Opportunities that remove barriers created by stereotyping and discrimination;
- Student Services which assist and support students to fulfill educational and occupational life goals as they relate to the current demands of the work force;
- Interagency Cooperation for effective liaison between and among various private and public organizations;
- Articulation and Transfer Opportunities with secondary schools and other educational institutions to facilitate the transition of students;
- Community Service to provide benefits that help to build a strong and viable community.