Scientific Protein Laboratories is a biopharmaceutical leader in the development and cGMP compliant manufacturing of pancreatic enzymes and heparin. We have a production opening for a 2nd shift Custodian in the Maintenance department.
Under minimal supervision will perform daily cleaning and upkeep of the facilities and grounds to cGMP standards. This will be achieved by following all position related SOP’s and safety regulations in a professional manner, interacting with SPL employees and visitors on a professional level and assisting in the development of improved methods for the duties as listed. Under direct supervision, performs routine unskilled and semi-skilled activities such as minor repairs on facility and grounds maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include vacuuming, dusting, sweeping wall and window washing, restroom cleaning, laboratory cleaning, trash removal, stripping and waxing floors and carpet cleaning in office, production support areas, equipment rooms and Laboratories.
Assists in checking facility for safety hazards and reports any deficiency.
Under direct supervision performs routine unskilled and semi-skilled activities such as facility-painting, light maintenance, snow removal and grounds maintenance.
Learns, understands and complies with cGMP and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) developed for the department and facility.
Carries out duties with a sense of immediacy and must be proactive to assure strong regulatory compliance. Mandatory weekend overtime required per manager’s discretion.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: General knowledge of one or more of the above named areas.
- Standards: Proficient in math, reading, and written and oral communication skills. Must use good judgment and initiative. General knowledge of vacuum cleaners, floor buffers\burnishers, automatic floor scrubbers, mops/brooms/buckets, ladders snow blower, lawnmower and other equipment as required. Has working knowledge of cGMP’s. Ability to follow SOPs and keep clear and concise documentation of work performed. Good attendance is required.
- Work Environment: Work environment includes indoor and outdoor environments. Duties will include the use of personal protective equipment including but not limited to: full-face respirators, hearing protection, eye protection, or clothing/devices appropriate for the specific task to be performed. Work areas may involve exposure to variation in temperature and humidity or odors and fumes. Working conditions differ according to location and nature of assignment.
- Physical Standards: Duties involve sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, crawling, kneeling, climbing and frequent lifting up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting of over 50 lbs. is required. Work involves simple hand grasping, pushing, pulling, reaching, and fine manipulation. High mental and visual effort required. Valid driver’s license is required.
SPL offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and a pleasant work environment.