The Inventory Control Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all job functions of Material Handlers. This includes supervising the inventory transactions (i.e. receipt, material issue, job receipt and shipment) involved in the operation of a cGMP warehouse. The Inventory Control Supervisor maintains an accurate warehouse inventory as well as managing and optimizing the processes for material movement within Coating Place, Inc. The Inventory Control Supervisor assists material handlers on all day to day activities, as needed.
Coating Place, Inc. has been in the contract manufacturing industry for over 40 years. Our continued goal to provide the highest quality Wurster processing has kept us at the forefront of the “fluid bed micro-encapsulation” market. Our company mission helps us to maintain this focus.
“Coating Place is an established pharmaceutical contract manufacturer specializing in Wurster fluid bed processing and delivery system development. We provide our customers with modified and extended release bulk active products through innovative development and manufacturing capabilities with an integrated quality philosophy.”
It is our mission to continue urging the next generation, candidates like you, into these fields and further expand the capabilities of the industry through their capabilities.
Coating Place is a stable and growing company that offers a friendly work environment and an incredibly competitive benefits package including: health, dental, and vision insurance, a generous paid time off program to help balance work and personal life, and pre-tax 401(k) and after-tax Roth 401(k) contribution options with the company matching up to 5% of gross wages that is 100% vested at the time it is added to the employee’s account.
Inventory Control Supervisor will maintain all SOPs, Training Resources, and processes that pertain to Inventory Control, Shipping, Receiving, and Storage.
Following initial training, the Inventory Control Supervisor is expected to independently perform all routine assignments while following established practices, policies and procedures per assigned work schedule.
Essential Job Functions
- Inventory Control Supervision
- Oversees and Performs the following:
- Receipt of materials and equipment
- Material movement and storage in the warehouse
- Material staging to Production
- Finished Product receipt to inventory
- Shipment Processes
- Schedule and Quote Carriers (client, incoming, and outgoing)
- Capable of completing all necessary transactions in the ERP system
- Develop and optimize processes relating to ERP software and material movement
- Warehouse Duties
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse
- Communication with other departments regarding warehouse policies
- Cycle Count administration and practices
- Review Monthly Cycle Counts
- If issues are found provide guidance
- Identify processes to improve inventory control
- Ensure compliance with SOPs and regulations governing inventory movement and storage
- Create and update SOPs and Training Resources for new and updated processes
- EPA and DNR Annual Reports and Audits
- Hazardous Material Certification and Training
- Shipping/Receiving Hazardous Material
- Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Monitor and evaluate work performance including disciplinary actions, as necessary.
- Follows all CPI safety practices, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent required, experience may be substituted.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in warehouse and shipping receiving activity, supervisory experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of material flows in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of transportation norms.
- Strong interpersonal communication.
- Strong computer skills with reference to ERP and the Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to read, write (legibly), and speak the English language necessary for efficient job performance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, co-workers, and/or clients.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.