Metronet has an immediate opening for an energetic; OSP Field Engineer!
At Metronet, we pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge technology combined with outstanding customer care. We are a fast-growing telecommunication company, offering 100% fiber-optic technology. Metronet specializes in fiber to the premise TV, voice and internet services that provide our customers with some of the fastest internet speeds in the world. We are committed to revolutionizing the industry by enhancing the overall customer experience and optimizing the talent of our valued associates.
We're looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team and help us create what's next!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted Metronet service in our serviceable area
- Cell phone allowance
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
Accurate and safe construction of Metronet's network to our standards is vital to our success. Metronet's OSP Engineer is on the frontline. They are the boots-on-the-ground for Metronet. The OSP Engineer ensures construction is built safely and to the required standards and specifications.
One of Metronet's values is delighting the community in which we work. We realize our future customers come from those neighborhoods where we are doing construction. It is therefore important for the OSP Engineers to respond quickly to neighborhood complaints and actively work to resolve the issues.
An OSP Engineer will find themselves in many various roles throughout a typical day. They need to have skills, experience and behavioral traits that are necessary for their role as an inspector, an investigator, a leader and manager of aerial and or underground construction crews, an ambassador on behalf of MetroNet to resolve complaints within the community, and other various roles.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain understanding of our specifications, standard practices, and safety
- Conduct walkouts and inspects aerial fiber cable placement on poles and splice points as well as the underground placement of conduit and handholes for quality and correct installation as per Metronet's technical specifications and/or construction specifications.
- Approve all unitized completed aerial work done to Metronet's standards
- Manage the OSP Construction Tracker
- Monitor the approved budget for each of their assigned work orders
- Respond to utility strikes, conducts investigation, completes documentation of said strike within 24 hours. Conducts retraining of the contractor or terminates them if necessary
- Conduct a weekly audit for each contractor of their safety, construction, and quality practices
- Identify contractor training needs and arranges for the contractor to get the training
- Ensure aerial line contractors have a weekly safety and communications tailgate meeting with their employees and will assist the contractor in scheduling periodic damage prevention tailgates safety meetings in the language which the employees are most fluent
What You Need For This Position:
- A High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be detailed oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Related quality control and/or outside aerial plant construction experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Works well under pressure
- Ability walking long distances, and potentially uneven and/or less than ideal ground conditions each day with contractors
- Capable working in all temperatures, climate and weather conditions maintaining safe work zone practices
- Must have excellent communications and diplomacy skills
- Committed to and driven by quality and safety
- Ability to distinguish between general audience information and confidential information and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time and recognize which tasks are more urgent or require more attention
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license and a clean driving record (no DUIs or serious traffic violations).
If you have a strong desire to impact, the success of our organization by ensuring we continue to attract and retain committed professionals, please apply today!
Metronet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER