Scientific Protein Laboratories is a biopharmaceutical leader in the development and manufacturing of heparin, pancreatin, heparin derivatives, naturally derived pharmaceuticals, and recombinant proteins from microbial fermentation. We have an immediate opening in Waunakee, WI (Madison area) for a Project Engineer.
The Project Engineer is responsible for planning, administering and completing assigned projects which may cross several functional areas. They act as a project manager, provide direction, engineering guidance, planning, budgets, managerial reports and engineering support for bulk pharmaceutical manufacturing. This requires experience in, engineering design, construction and management of facility expansions and equipment installations. The Project Engineer defines process and equipment changes to achieve production requirements. They analyze production equipment operations, routine maintenance, and energy requirements of process systems to optimize economical operation and meet regulatory requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide engineering guidance to complete assigned engineering projects starting with development of project scope through detail designing, funding approval, project completion scheduling, actual completion of construction and/or equipment installation, start-up validation and documentation.
• Provide scope, hire, manage, supervise, review and seek authorization of contracts for consulting engineering firms and construction contractors to accomplish the actual changes of processes, equipment and facilities.
• Develop design (process, facility,etc.) parameters for the manufacture of bulk pharmaceutical products, including equipment and facility specifications.
• Develop funding justification, seek approval and then accomplish and control projects within funding approval.
• Supervise installation, start-up and participate in validation of processing equipment.
• Document performance of processing systems to achieve validation and compliance with QA and other regulatory requirements and agencies.
• Design tests and methods to analyze process conditions to optimize operational efficiencies and/or to meet defined process and product specification.
• Effectively manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Create and maintain appropriate documentation systems to support GEP's and regulatory compliance for EPA, DNR, FDA, OSHA, and other regulatory bodies.
B.S. Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical) or related field required
Must have 7 or more years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical, food products, or chemical industries.
The candidate must have strong applications and analytical testing skills and demonstrated knowledge of cost control procedures, data analysis, and manufacturing processes and systems.
Experience in project management
SPL offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and a pleasant work environment.