Work as part of a crew to install underground telecommunications and fiber optic cables.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare work site to locate utilities and eliminate possible hazards.
· Signal operators to help facilitate movement or alignment of equipment.
· Load, unload and transport construction materials and tools.
· Excavate and fill trenches and ditches.
· Install underground telecommunications cable/innerduct.
· Follow safety standards throughout process.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS
· High School Diploma/Equivalent
· Valid Driver’s License
· Class A CDL required
· Must be willing to travel
· Must be able to bend/kneel/stand/walk for long periods of time
· Must be able to lift/push/pull 50 pounds regularly
· Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Experience in underground utilities
· Experience installing fiber optic cables preferred
InterCon Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer