If you love technology and talking to people then you are in the right place! As a Customer Repair Advisor you provide top-tier customer service and first level contact support for both residential and business customers. Bring your customer service, help desk, technical support or call center experience to TDS, where you are more than a resume!
We currently have multiple openings on our Customer Repair team! These positions will be located in our far west side Madison, WI office or Pequot Lake, MN office. The Customer Repair Advisor II position is a shift position within the Network Operations Team that provides 7/24/365 support of TDS customers. Specifically, this position will primarily support TDS commercial customers across all markets by providing assistance to those customers who have flagship, premium and legacy products. This individual is highly technical and is customer focused to deliver exceptional customer service to these customers:
- Provide first contact support for small & large business voice, video, data and premium commercial as well as residential product issues.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in order to exceed customers’ expectations and to minimize escalations by taking ownership of customer reported issues.
- Provide a higher level of service to commercial and platinum customers by engaging other departments on behalf of the customer to help resolve the customer’s trouble.
- Assist customers with Internet configurations and settings.
- Assist customers with product configurations and settings.
- Answer calls in a "Virtual Call Center" environment, generating trouble tickets and updating tickets, as needed, until the issue is resolved.
- Interface between customers and technicians by effectively gathering the required information from customers via scripts and troubleshooting experience and documenting them in a trouble ticket.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve customer troubles in the most expeditious manner, thus achieving our service level requirements.
- Engage in sales to meet the customer’s needs and exceed the targets set by management.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant TDS product offerings and technology.
- Respond, troubleshoot and if necessary generate a trouble ticket for residential, small and large business voice, data and premium product issues. This may include the following tasks:
- Using various programs but not limited to, ACD (Aspect Unified IP), UTS, MARTENS, DESI, INAT, Right Now, MetaSolv, Support Portal and Web-based access to switches.
- Research, resolve, record and respond to customer-initiated requests for assistance which may include voice, dialup Internet, ICM, DSL, Business data, Remote PC, TDS TV products.
- Educate customers in order to reduce repeat customer calls.
- Defuse high tension situations by demonstrating empathy, proposing alternatives and negotiating credits when appropriate. If necessary, escalate to the next level of support.
- Provide account management activities per customer requests.
- Create and make changes to customer accounts for dial-up, web hosting, ISDN services, DSL, Business data, TDS TV and Inside Wire Protection Plan.
- Participate in project team initiatives and subject matter expert tasks.
- Application testing.
- Assist management with technical training.
- Respond to customer inquiries via Right Now Web, email, chat, etc.
- Knowledge Base and process document enhancement recommendations.
- Regular attendance and promptness for work are essential functions of this position because absenteeism and tardiness significantly impact the ability of the Company and coworkers to meet our customers' needs.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant TDS products and services.
- Utilize sales techniques to ensure customers are matched up with relevant TDS products.
- Contribute to overall process improvement by providing feedback to management on root cause analysis and recommended solutions.
- Associate Degree (or Higher) OR 2 years of professional work experience
- 1 + years of prior customer service experience
- 1 + years' experience using a PC with various software packages
- 1 + years' experience troubleshooting skills related to telephony or data products
- Must follow the TDS attendance guidelines to meet our customers’ needs
- Call Center or Help Desk experience
- Understanding of the telecommunication industry
- Understanding of telecommunication products and services
- Problem solving skills (i.e. customer complaint handling, problem identification, escalations)
- Experience with (but not limited to) ACD, trouble ticketing systems, billing systems, plant records or inventory systems as well as software skills in business applications, such as spreadsheets, database applications and word documents
- Ability to adhere to schedule
- Illustrated diplomacy, tactfulness and empathy when dealing with customers
- Exemplified ability to defuse escalations and high tension situations
- Well developed ability to appease customers experiencing service outages and difficulties
- Ability to listen actively and ask clarifying questions to seek understanding
- Experience going above and beyond duty to delight customers
- Must have a genuine drive for customer satisfaction and retention
- Demonstrated sales experience
Decision making and Self-Management
- Skills in troubleshooting, solving problems and root cause analysis
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Capability to manage own workload while meeting team goals and business needs of the company.
- Proven aptitude to work well in a team or independently with minimum supervision.
- Desire and capability to work and make timely decisions in a rapidly changing and uncertain environment
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems, analyze possible root causes and educate customers to perform troubleshooting
- Broad knowledge to assist customers with troubleshooting customer equipment (CPE, computers), inside wiring (IW) and using their products and services
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Proven history of working with diverse groups of people to accomplish goals and objectives
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability and willingness to listen actively to questions and inquires from team members, help and train other team members
- Maintain confidentiality
As a part of your total compensation, TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Eligible Immediately
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K and Flexible Spending Accounts
Education Assistance, Telephone and Internet Concessions and Recognition Programs
Employment at TDS is subject to post-offer, pre-employment drug testing.
At TDS, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. To learn about our diversity & inclusion philosophy and culture, click here!