Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Generac is a Wisconsin based $1.8 billion market-leading manufacturing company that builds quality power products that positively impacts the lives of our customers. We have a new opportunity in our Jefferson facility for an Engineer II. The Engineer II is responsible for providing engineering input to the product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement, sourcing, quality, service, and marketing).
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market
- Provides new product development in the Industrial, Commercial, Residential and/or Retail generator or Power Tools product area including; Creating and maintaining CAD models, drawings, and BOMs, Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs), Interfacing with internal company personnel, Provide technical support for assigned projects.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates moderately complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of standard products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize more complex designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Supports product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Develops less experienced engineers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 3 plus years of relevant work experience
Generac offers an excellent benefits package including health, life, dental, vision, vacation, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, company matched 401K, career development and more!
- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy
- Design experience with a variety of materials(Plastics, alumni castings, sheet metal, etc.) and basic knowledge of material specs and use
- Experience in new product design and development
- Ability to conduct analysis using FEA,CFD, etc.
- Demonstrated written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences
- Able to solve moderate to complex engineering problems
- Good decision-making skills
- Technical Skills to include 3D modeling (ProE or SolidWorks)
- MS Excel, MS Word
- Experience with machine design
- Previous experience with SAP or equivalent ERP.
For a complete job description and to apply on-line please visit us at www.generac.com/careers
Generac Power Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.