|Jobs Description:|| |
Survey Analyst - Job Description
The primary responsibility is to evaluate opportunities to improve existing surveys and expand surveying to address deficiencies in satisfaction surveying as determined by a bench-marking service. This position will be a centralized point of contact at the agency level for all survey related activities and functions working very closely with the Office of Communications, other offices, and divisions. Additionally, this position will perform additional data analyst work as time permits to assist with agency metrics.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Experience writing, developing and administering customer satisfaction surveys
* Knowledge of survey design methodology, and best practices
* Knowledge of research design
* Ability to compile, analyze, interpret, draw conclusions, summarize and display survey results, develop recommendations and propose action plans based on findings
* Experience utilizing different survey software tools
* Experience in sample management for survey execution including development of a sampling plan, pulling of the data samples, and both monitoring and troubleshooting sampling issues
* Ability to test surveys for accessibility and user-friendliness
* Experience summarizing survey data using tables, graphs, and fact sheets
* Ability to evaluate surveys, methods, and performance to improve future surveys
* Experience analyzing data using statistical software and techniques
* Experience performing data analysis on a variety of data sources (e.g. relational databases, spreadsheets, MS Access, flat files, web statistics, etc.)
* Experience identifying and correcting data problems through the analysis of dashboards, reports, and performance indicators.
* Ability to visualize complex data sets, draw conclusions and relationships, and develop actionable recommendations
* Ability to draw insight into customer behavior, trends, financials, and business operations through data analysis and effectively tell a story about the data
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
* Experience in advanced SQL
* Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
* Experience with various data and visualization tools for analysis and reporting such as MS Access, Excel, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, Tableau
* Bachelors/Master's degree in computer science/math/statistics/analytics or a related discipline preferred with 3+ years of database development/data mining experience OR demonstrated ability to meet job requirements through a comparable number of years of technical work experience.
* Experience developing training materials and process documentation
* Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence others and to interact with individuals at all levels
* Ability to work productively with cross-functional working groups and across organizational layers
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
* Ability to manage multiple, sometimes competing, demands and meet deadlines
* Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Determine and specify details of survey projects, including sources of information, procedures to be used, and the design of survey instruments and materials.
* Contribute to the development of final survey reports.
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and produce results
All candidates must have a personal reason to be in Madison and provide at least two references from current and past managers.
|Skills:||Data Warehousing, Data Analyst, Microsoft BI|