Float position, part-time benefit eligible opportunity. Candidate must have the ability to work weekends and holidays.
In-Home Recovery Professionals work with adults with significant mental health concerns in the Wausau community. Clients are involved with North Central Health Care's CCS and CSP programming. Services provided include daily visits to clients to assist with medication administration. Staff will also be involved with crisis management, case management and other tasks related to helping clients gain independence while remaining in their homes. This position requires attention to detail, ability to multi -task and the ability to problem solve.
Under the direction of an in-home recovery services program supervisor, program manager, and clinical supervisor, provides comprehensive community services (CCS) to individuals, families and groups. The work will involve recovery, support, and advocacy for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and/or AODA. This position requires meeting with clients in their home and/or community settings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Provides support to individuals, by focusing on person centered planning, Trauma Informed Care and Recovery based concepts in the clients' homes or in the community.
* Reads and interprets county service plans and follows authorizations for services
* Establishes and maintains confidential files and records and may be responsible for tracking and reporting on various statistics and demographics.
* Identifies emergencies and responds appropriately
* Works as part of a community treatment team, including internal and external stakeholders
* Transports and escort clients to meetings, services, appointments and other activities
* Attends staff meetings and participates in training activities as required
* Participates in community advocacy for individuals with mental illness and/or AODA diagnosis
* Assists with medication administration to ensure compliance with prescribed dosages and timeframes as well as help the client understand their medication
* Promotes an independent lifestyle through skill and resource building and connecting individuals to supports in the community, coordinates services for clients and communicates with outside providers.
* Assists individuals in identifying and achieving goals
* Plans and organizes schedule with clients, ensuring a high productivity rate. Manages time effectively.
* Documents and reports clients' progress to staff, supervisors and social workers
* Maintains client information and records in a confidential manner
* Models good judgment and sets appropriate and healthy boundaries
* May administer basic first aid as needed
* Works independently and problem solves effectively.
* Must be flexible and adapt well to change.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in social work, sociology, psychology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience is required. May be dependent upon contract/licensing requirements. One year of work experience in or mental health services and/or AODA services preferred. The incumbent is required to have:
* Ability to understand the Comprehensive Community Services program.
* Ability to advocate for clients' needs, while remaining person centered.
* Ability to work as part of a team, this position requires strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to think of creative solutions.
* Knowledge of community resources.
* Knowledge of psychotropic and other medications
* Experience working with people who have mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders including co-occurring disorders.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
TRAVEL: Ability to travel on day trips as required up to 60%, depending on specific role.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Bachelor Degree or better in Criminal Justice.
Bachelor Degree or better in Education.
Bachelor Degree or better in Hum. Serv. or Related Field.
Bachelor Degree or better in Psychology.
Bachelor Degree or better in Social Work.
Bachelor Degree or better in Sociology.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.