The purpose of this position is, but is not limited to, working closely with business and development teams including Business Analysts, Software Developers, QA and UAT teams, and Subject Matter Experts throughout the company. Core responsibilities include working with project teams to organize business and technical designs and documentation related to requirements, design, application development, testing, training, and writing comprehensive systems and user documentation. The Technical Writer may also develop and document business cases and process diagrams, request updates from the project teams. The Technical Writer reviews, analyses, updates and maintains documentation following best practices in document identification, creating formal template requirements, document management, and training others how to create, submit and store documents in the document management system. The role is responsible for understanding related documentation including detailed descriptions of user requirements, program functions, diagrams, use cases, user stories, and technical documentation required to develop, modify and maintain systems. This position ensures the quality and maintenance of documentation to maximize the intellectual property created.
The Technical Writer also writes documentation to communicate complex and technical information in simpler terms. Documentation includes technical design documents, release notes, system manuals, business cases, and requirements documents. They adhere to document management principles and deadlines. They understand the audience's need for documentation, conduct research, document requirements, business functions, and diagrams (such as use cases, user stories, relationship maps, context diagrams, and process maps).
The Technical Writer works on standard business documentation and project documentation, including new systems and/or process development, updates and enhancements to processes and systems, and is a contributor to overall project delivery success. This role works closely with and takes direction from their direct manager and project managers.
This is a full-time, exempt position working Monday through Friday from 8 am -5 pm. The position will report to our Director of Business Administration.
- Understand TASC's direction, structure, business models and requirements
- Ability to anticipate documentation needs and write documentation for multiple technical and non-technical audiences
- Ensures quality standards and maintenance of documentation and organization by maximizing readability and accessibility to the created intellectual property
- Ability to work on small to large projects, including new software/systems development and functional improvements efficiently and effectively
- Delivers multiple document types including user guides, online help content, software versioning, software release documents and reports
- Organizes and administers corporate document repositories
- Maintains a comprehensive library of terminology and documentation
- Gains expertise in the Atlassian tools including Confluence and Jira
- Conducts testing of documentation as part of UAT efforts
- Works with people across the company to organize and manage the storage and utilization of both business and technical project documentation
- Works with Agile frameworks (Scrum). Creates and maintains documentation in an Agile methodology
- Coordinates deadlines and responsibilities with project managers by monitoring and communicating about project status
- Manages updates and revisions to documents and standardize procedures
- Responsible for business and program documentation for internal and external users including participation on the development of training and user documentation
- Creates and follows document authorization submission and updates processes
- Uses a variety of techniques to gather the detailed information necessary to produce the right outcomes
- Provides training to staff on documentation systems and process
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects using effective time management principles
- Understands the necessity of project standards and apply them consistently
- Communicates regularly with management on the status of project initiatives; obtains management guidance and approval as required to advance initiatives
- Operate within corporate guidelines pursuant to the Employee Handbook and all Policies and Procedures
- Perform additional duties as requested by Supervisor and/or Management
- Ability to gather project needs and requirements from a variety of stakeholders throughout TASC's business units
- Strong relational skills
- In depth knowledge of software development
- Experience with writing and organizing documentation
- Experience with standard business analysis modeling techniques, including relationship maps, process maps, context diagrams and use case diagrams
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience from an accredited college or university) plus a minimum of 3 years writing and managing documentation, with exposure to both development and business process projects
- Experience with documentation of standard business analysis modeling techniques such are relationship maps, process maps, context diagrams, use case diagrams, glossaries, and other related design/build documents
- Must have some experience with software development and understanding of business analysis principles, practices, techniques and application development lifecycles, methodologies
- 2+ years systems administration and project team involvement
- Demonstrated knowledge of business processes and the TPA industry
- Desire to develop technical writing and Business Analyst skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office including Visio, document management tools, Internet research and business analysis software
- Ability to analyze comprehensive business processes, performs in-depth work analysis, and develops reports
Corporate Core Competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
TASC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. TASC participates in E-Verify.