Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
This role is a member of the Digital Collection Leadership team.
To provide management covering all collection activities for commercial customers using a digital workforce. This involves continuous investigation and research designed to assist in formulating digital collection strategies, objectives, policies, plans and programs to ensure the following:
- Continued sales growth and profitability
- Positive contributions to economic earnings and increase shareholder wealth
- Alignment to meet emerging business needs
- Customer focus in tandem with marketing, sales and operations
- Opportunities for growth, development, and advancement for Collection team members that are supporting the digital workforce
- Mitigate fraud and chargeback losses through the management of a digital workforce and partnering with third party vendor resources. Ensure fraud trends are identified and mitigated promptly.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Collection teams through transforming and modernizing business processes, procedures, and reports through digitalization.
- Maintain a high performing digital collection process that uses innovative ways to drive business goals, insights, and enables rapid decision making through innovation, data, and analytics to best serve our customers and achieve company financial goals.
- Implementing and completing complex improvement opportunities using digital strategies surfaced by the Collection leadership team and cross functional partners such as customer service, sales, marketing, and other business partners.
- Leverages digital resources, in-depth process knowledge, and cross functional expertise to improve data management, data quality, and reporting that assists with prioritizing work, understanding trends, identifying gaps, and achieving business goals.
- Works with Collection leadership to assess end to end processes, understand complex issues, and define digital solutions and procedures that help drive consistency across the department.
- Management of $50M in accounts receivable using a digital workforce to minimize the Company's potential for bad debt write off.
Preferred Education & Experience
- A BA/BS degree is preferred along with 2 years demonstrated hands on experience in implementing creative solutions within an operational environment.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of collections processes and procedures preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to both lead high performing individuals as well as working cross functionally across the business.
- Must be able to effectively communicate company direction and inspire others to act to accomplish complex and challenging objectives.
- Develop and maintains strategic relationships across multiple layers of contacts both internally and externally.
- Experience with analytical tools such as Teradata and Business Objects a plus.
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills in a digital platform to collect on past due invoices.
- 5% - 10% travel is required to customer locations and other Grainger locations.
- Office environment includes SAP's FSCM, Teradata, and other reporting tools.
- As a member of the Collections Digital leadership team this position will focus on implementing and completing initiatives that drive digital CI and increase the overall customer experience.
- This role will assist with the digital architecture within our collection team to create seamless opportunity for order to cash in Grainger to our customers to achieve financial metrics.
- By managing digital strategies that will reduce the Company's DSO will improve the Company's cash flow. One day of DSO reduction equates to $22M in realized cash for the company.
- Reports to Manager, Digital Collections
- Manage a direct staff of 10 - 15 team members.
- Operational relationships with the Credit, Cash, Accounts Receivable/Billing, FSS Support, Sales, Customer Service and other internal or external business partners
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.