Ziegler CAT has an opening for an Ag Customer Support Representative, supporting our ag customer base. The primary job function is to promote and sell company parts and service capabilities by calling upon our existing customers and generating new leads for future business. They also organize and facilitate machine demos working directly with all sales personnel, assist in proper machine set-up, and have thorough knowledge of farm applications. This individual will also conduct product training for customers and branch employees.
- Works close with the branch stores, preparing and delivering repairs option quotes to customers
- Maintains and keeps current customer equipment inventory using CRM
- Log customer support issues into LANdesk, working with technical support for solutions
- Logs future customer maintenance; keeps up with new products and developments that are relevant to our customers
- Organizes and conducts training on the effective operation of the equipment we represent, as well as "after-market" technology for both customers and Ziegler personnel
- Communicates and works closely with Sales, Service, Parts and manufacturer personnel to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensures that workplace safety standards are met
- Works in a cooperative manner with customers, team members and superiors
- Assists salespeople in delivery and setup of new and used units, and performs demos
- Provides customer start-up support for all Ag products delivered in the territory as required
- Provides "in the field" customer support as required
- Plans daily sales calls itinerary; makes sales calls on existing and prospective customers; monitors/updates call lists and manages customer database (Sales Link)
- Follows up with the customer to ensure that the company has met their needs (the service repair is complete and done to the satisfaction of the customer)
- Maintains good customer relations; intercedes to solve problems and disputes; looks for ways to enhance customer relations within scope of the company Mission Statement
- Understands the competition to maintain the company's competitive edge
- Promotes and sells company service capabilities; develops proposals and estimates; prepares and delivers quotations; develops and sells annual maintenance contracts
- Works in the field as an expert on the effective operation of the equipment we represent, including precision farming systems.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required depending on level of experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong agricultural background
- Two years of Ag sales experience preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong work ethic and acts with a sense of urgency
- Clean driving record is a must
- Able to drive equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Able to be available during off-hours and weekends to take calls from customers to handle emergency situations
- Personal Attributes: Achievement Orientation, Consideration for others / Empathy, Planning and Organization, Problem Solving, Teamwork
Up to 75% travel in central WI area
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Push/pull up to 10 lbs
- Lift up to 30 lbs
- Carry up to 50 lbs
- Lift bulky objects
- Standing, walking, using hands, talking, hearing, neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, ladder climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching.
- Working Conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
DOT driving requirements:
Applicants must be able to obtain valid Class A CDL, obtain a DOT medical certification card, and pass a DOT pre-employment drug screen and physical.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Ziegler Inc. will reasonably accommodate the known disabilities of qualified disabled individuals.
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color or creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, protected veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission dealing with discrimination, or any other protected class status.
For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights and protections, click here and here.
For information about your Family and Medical Leave Act rights, click here, and for information about the Employee Polygraph Protection Act, click here.
For information about Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.