Company Generac Power Systems
Name Senior Quality Engineer
Req # 54527
Location Whitewater CORP
Employment Type Full Time
Here at Generac we don't simply wait for opportunities to come to us. Our team is consistently on the lookout for new and innovative advances in our industry, which has led to our great success and company growth. We are proud to be a leader in the power generation industry and are quickly breaking ground in the Clean Energy segment. This growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
The Senior Quality Engineering Specialist works with suppliers and personnel to improve quality systems and performance. This position is responsible for ensuring that suppliers meet quality expectations and for planning, coordinating, and executing the incoming inspection, quarantine and disposition of product. The Senior Quality Specialist collaborates with cross-functional teams to keep product flowing successfully.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote a continuous improvement environment by providing leadership and direction for facility teams.
- Guide Generac sourcing, purchasing and corporate quality personnel with the establishment of supplier expectations and objectives.
- Lead the resolution of supplier quality issues.
- Direct the overall execution of internal product audits and nonconformance resolution. Lead problem solving at the plant and supplier levels.
- Support Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). Manage the qualification of new parts through the APQP process.
- Coordinate supplier quality, rework and scrap data acquisition to feed Cost of Quality Metrics.
- Conduct and manage audits/assessments of processes and quality systems (ISO, internal audit, etc).
- Gather and analyze product data and use the data to lead improvement initiatives to reduce the potential for defects.
- Provide direction and assistance to the Quality Leads for prioritizing inspection tasks.
- Develop and modify inspection sampling plans based on supplier performance.
- Assist with the identification and traceability of product.
- Ensure test/ inspection integrity (MSA/ GR&R).
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
- Create and deploy standard Generac tools, methodologies and standards.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 + years of experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing APQP (Control Plan & PFMEA)
- 5+ years of experience working in Quality Assurance in a plant or supplier quality role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Certified Quality Engineer or Technician
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Certified Quality Auditor
- Previous Experience using SAP or equivalent ERP
- Knowledge of Lean principals & Continuous Improvement Strategies
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaborative work teams to drive improvement in a face paced environment;
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the application and interpretation of manufacturing/quality metrics;
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- State-of-the-art facility with an onsite gym, walking trails, cafe, free parking and many employee activities
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days. Each Friday we relax in our jeans!
- Product loan and discount programs
Level of Independence: This position acts under the direction of the Quality Manager
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."