Company Generac Power Systems
Name Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Req # 54658
Location Whitewater CORP
Employment Type Full Time
Generac has not only seen success as a company but we have compassion for communities where we live and work. Throughout the company's history, we have remained passionate about helping those in need... both in our day-to-day roles and in our efforts to give back. This commitment is our responsibility, pride and passion.
The Manufacturing Engineer Sr is responsible for ongoing process improvement initiatives that deliver excellence across entire value chain. This position develops and improves manufacturing processes and product quality by studying product and manufacturing methods, identifying areas of improvement, and working with manufacturing personnel to ensure plans are implemented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Significant responsibility for area layouts, process definition, PLC programing; design/selection, justification, and implementation of equipment, programs, and tooling.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Generac Fulfillment System (GFS) across the Order-to-Cash process (Plan, Source, Make, Deliver & Service).
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the successful launch of New Product Introductions (NPI) within Operations.
- Contribute to facility transformation, technology transfer and ongoing maintenance of mixed model lines or value streams.
- Ensure ongoing success of process improvement initiatives by implementing policies, procedures and process documentation.
- Implement demand driven principles and strategies that supports operational excellence and long range plans. (Flexibility, Speed & Responsiveness)
- Ensure product, material and information streams flow and are synchronized to produce maximum efficiencies and lowest cost of operation.
- Contribute to creation of innovative ideas to improve business results.
- Deploy standard Generac tools, methodologies, standards, practices and processes.
- Implement objectives to include continuous improvement initiatives to achieve customer satisfaction and fulfillment needs.
- Work closely with shop floor personnel to promote ongoing Continuous Improvement of manufacturing methods, systems and controls.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology
- 5+ years related experience in the Engineering function within a similar working environment;
- Proficiency in CAD (AutoCAD, Solid Works and/or ProE);
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of lean principles and process improvements;
- Diverse skills and experience leading projects;
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally to achieve desired results;
- Experience operating in high mix, low volume and high volume, low mix production environments;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and conflict resolution;
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment.
Level of Independence: Reports directly to Industrial Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- State-of-the-art facility with an onsite gym, walking trails, cafe, free parking and many employee activities
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days. Each Friday we relax in our jeans!
- Product loan and discount programs
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."