Company Generac Power Systems
Name Maintenance Tech III-Journeyman (Weekend Shift)
Req # 54873
Location Whitewater CORP
Employment Type Full Time
Shift Weekend Day
The Maintenance Technician lll is expected to perform emergency, routine and preventive maintenance on all production and building equipment while maintaining safety and communicating effectively. This position is responsible for daily problem solving and repair of robotic, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical or small outdoor power equipment associated with manufacturing and facility operations. Under limited supervision, the maintenance technician lll is responsible for complex assignments which require a broad understanding of the discipline and function of production related work areas.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience maintaining industrial equipment, automation or product repair
- Certificate in a maintenance related field
- Experience reading and working from blueprints and interpreting advanced drawings and schematics
- Demonstrated knowledge in OSHA, Arc Flash, LOTO and NEC
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate across departments and with multiple levels of leadership
- Ability to proactively identify problems and suggest solutions
- Ability to assist in designing, fabricating and welding of mechanical structures, guards and equipment
- Perform safe and effective operation of all equipment
- Perform hands on training experiences for less experienced maintenance techs
- Knowledge of basic PC functions including using Outlook, Excel and Word
- Basic Welding experience
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk, stoop, crouch, bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to very warm depending on season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."