Manufacturing Engineer II
September 14, 2020 | Waukesha, WI
This position is located in Waukesha, WI.POSITION SUMMARY
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Manufacturing Engineer II is responsible for technical support for large scale projects - typically, new product lines, development and/or implementation of new manufacturing technology in support of new product lines or major improvements in existing product lines. Actively supports and/or implements continuous improvement philosophies and techniques (e.g. lean enterprise, six sigma), training and development of training materials. The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. A successful Manufacturing Engineer II is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure, prioritize workload, and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal 'stamp' on their output
- Continuously expand and development their professional skills and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Support New Product Development. Create and develop manufacturing system concepts to fulfill business needs. Work with design engineers and production to quote, specify, order, debug, receive, install, and runoff new production equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, assembly stations, work cells, test stations, material handling equipment, and packaging for new products/new processes. Support the new product development process through PFMEA, DFM, and CAPP activities to ensure safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets are met. Document procedures, processes, and best practices to support the new equipment.
- Maximize Operations Production and Efficiency. Maintain the current systems and equipment through analysis, troubleshooting and improvement. Perform the work needed to maximize production and efficiency. Implement/modify manufacturing processes to fulfill business needs. Work with production employees to continually improve production operations, system maintenance and design concepts through coaching, equipment design/modification/selection, training, and participation in PPI activities. Communicate and assist the manufacturing aspects of the current production operations. Assign and/or perform the work needed to maximize production and efficiency. May supervise Engineering Technicians and ME Interns.
- Upgrade Material and Equipment. Work with advanced engineering and equipment suppliers to determine designs and configurations for new equipment and upgrades in conformance with company specifications and quality standards. Preparation of financial analysis for capital expenditures for tooling and equipment needed in support of existing product lines or processes. Monitor and control all phases of new equipment construction from design approval though implementation on factory floor and control equipment costs during this process.
- Demonstrate Project Management and Technical Expertise. Demonstrate your technical expertise in project management including, but not limited to;
scheduling, tracking, team assignments, allocation of resources, status reports, facilitate effective problem solving, "selling" of new and innovative
concepts. Technical resource for specific manufacturing methods and/or philosophies. Contribute significant technical support for large scale projects and existing manufacturing operations.
- Collaborate with Other Departments. Interface between Design and Production to ensure designs are acceptable for manufacturing, equipment is designed in accordance with the designs presented and the equipment will work with the equipment we currently have. Work with peers and other support personnel with specifics to training on production equipment, problem solving, and preventive maintenance.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- College Degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering required.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience working in an organization that has successfully used one or more continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control techniques.
- Completion of large scale continuous improvement project, expertise in internal processes, and functional product knowledge
- Proficiency of electrical and mechanical machining equipment, is able to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics, and is capable of setting up
and monitoring preventive maintenance systems. Also capable of troubleshooting and performing minor repairs to equipment.
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products. Authorized to work in the United States.
- In a standard workday this person will be required to sit, stand or walk 50%, lift 25%, bend or kneel 25%.
- This individual will be required to lift materials purchased weighing up to 50 lb. frequently. A hoist is provided for lifting projects greater than 50 lbs.
- Repetitive use of the hands as to fine manipulation/dexterity will be required.
- Maximum 10% of any day: May involve occasional data input, writing, manipulation of "mouse" and phone dialing. Telephone duties require clear and audible speech.
- Visual requirements include excellent number and depth perception, strong reading abilities, ability to read computer screens, printouts and computer spreadsheet applications.
- This person may come in contact with office hazards. Temperature and humidity are normal for this position and there are no unusual atmospheric conditions.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment in posted areas of the plant, including safety glasses, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
- Total awareness of the plant environment as it pertains to the safety of other employees, operation of equipment, handling of equipment/materials, and visitors is required.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)