Company Generac Power Systems
Name Sr. Buyer
Req # 55289
Location Whitewater CORP
Employment Type Full Time
Do you want to be part of something bigger? For more than five decades, Generac has designed and manufactured diesel, natural gas, and bi-fuel generators...but we did not stop there! As we continue to grow both in size and in technological advances, we are pushing past the norm and pathing a way for the future. We are not simply satisfied with what is working now; instead, we challenge ourselves and continue to be a leader in our industry.
The Buyer III is responsible for purchasing complex components and maintaining an open line of communication from a variety of suppliers as well as working cross-functionally within the company on topic such as component issues, costing or invoicing concerns, new material requirement and receiving inspections, and ECO's. Additionally, the Buyer III is responsible for continuously working with suppliers to improve on-time delivery and work to continuously improve raw good turns and look for cost reduction opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute standard purchasing processes and strategies including procure-to-pay definition and optimization.
- Support direction and strategies regarding supplier demand forecasting, supplier capacity planning, supply base inventory management, supplier replenishment and procurement transactions.
- Manage supplier on time delivery (OTD) performance, maintain system data integrity and measure performance on related key indicators (examples: past due purchase orders, open PO acknowledgements, PO expedites, non-conforming material return cycle time, and supplier invoice resolution).
- Work with Corporate Strategic Sourcing department to identify key and preferred suppliers for key categories of spend that support business unit and corporate objectives.
- Recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing, step pricing for volume discounts, and vendor evaluation criteria.
- Plan and maintain optimal level of inventory using plan for every part (PFEP).
- Proactively identify, communicate, and assist with resolving issues that delay material deliveries.
- Coordinate engineering change order (ECO) activities with suppliers and internal support functions.
- Requisition major purchased items and coordinate timely processing of those parts finished outside the company.
- Establish good working relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Ability to apply creative problem approaches and ideas to solve problems for area of responsibility.
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field OR equivalent experience in the Supply Chain function within a similar working environment
- 3 years of purchasing, planning or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management;
- ERP/MRP User (SAP/Oracle);
- Association for Operations Management (APICS);
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM);
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP.
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, contract negotiation and project management;
- Strong project management and analytical skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."