Company Generac Power Systems
Name Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Req # 55325
Location Whitewater CORP
Employment Type Full Time
It's a challenge, and an invitation. Most importantly, it's an opportunity to join an industry leader.
There's never been a better time to work at Generac. We're shaping the market and investing in new companies and new technologies. Our rapid growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
The Production Supervisor leads the daily operation of a production shift with responsibility for interacting with Planning, Purchasing, Materials, Ops Engineering, Quality, Facilities and other departments to achieve maximum quality and cost effectiveness in an on-time and efficient manner. The scope of ownership includes various manufacturing processes (i.e. vertical integration, multiple product lines, etc.). Success in this role is defined by daily order execution, workforce flexibility, employee onboarding, productivity/efficiency, sequencing, process adherence, and training/development in production. This will be measured by ongoing improvements in driving quality, schedule attainment, Safety, and productivity/efficiency.
General Shift: Tuesday - Friday 3:00pm - 1:00am + Monday OT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the department to ensure safe, timely, and efficient completion of manufacturing schedules and communicate daily activities between shifts.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of assigned production employees.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting and analyzing production, performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Assuring all department personnel are adhering to company policies and procedures. Completes safety, productivity, and policy reports regularly.
- Selects, coaches and develops staff. Sets clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manages performance-recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
- Key member and driver of a lean manufacturing environment driving continuous improvement activities relating to safety, quality, productivity, delivery, and inventory.
- Interviewing, selecting, and coordinating orientation activities for all new employees.
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly work environment and maintain compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining a workforce to meet capacity plans. Work with other departments to manage parts flow.
- Effective communication skills and ability to resolve conflict on the shop floor.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of experience leading teams, developing people or organizing tasks.
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP system (Oracle, JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics) and Microsoft Office.
- Experience as a team lead or leading project teams in an operational environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Relationship Building and Earning Trust - Consistently follows through on team commitments, communicates, and demonstrates accountability. Builds trust and sets the example for the team by being inclusive and fair.
- Accountability - Remains outcome focused, holding the team accountable while removing barriers to success. Plays to win by defining team objectives/scope and clear milestones. Keeps leadership apprised of progress and brings options/solutions for issues when elevated.
- Ask, Listen, and Follow Up - Actively listens, questions to help others understand, shows care/concern, and closes loop. Drives action and alignment using coaching techniques, reinforces team's progress/development.
- Inspire, Motivate and Recognize - Teaches others new tasks and is self- aware of strengths/developmental opportunities. Celebrates individual successes.
- Conflict Management and Resolution - Influences employees to collaborate and achieve goals as a group. Asks questions, remains unbiased and encourages unconventional suggestions. Diffuses conflict as it arises rather than avoiding it and focuses on solving the problem.
- Identify, Engage and Retain - Creates an open and honest work environment, providing others an opportunity to develop and grow.
- Change Agent - Consistently optimistic about the ability to change in order to improve a product/service. Uses the voice of customer (VOC) to validate ideas. Works well autonomously and in a team, leads change by promoting the value of transformation.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- State-of-the-art facility with an onsite gym, walking trails, cafe, free parking and many employee activities
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days. Each Friday we relax in our jeans!
- Product loan and discount programs
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."