Company Generac Power Systems
Name Maintenance Supervisor
Req # 55404
Location Jefferson CORP
Employment Type Full Time
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
It's a challenge, and an invitation. Most importantly, it's an opportunity to join an industry leader. There's never been a better time to work at Generac. We're shaping the market and investing in new companies and new technologies. Our rapid growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
In the role of Maintenance Supervisor working in Jefferson you will be part of the Operations Engineering team.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for preventative maintenance, property, plant, and equipment. This role ensures the infrastructure provides a safe workplace environment, delivering efficient services, and high customer service levels. Success in this role is defined by optimizing preventative maintenance, property, plant, equipment, environment, health, safety, and capital expenditure. This will be measured by the ability to optimize growth efficiencies - synergies, scale and scope.
This position reports to the Operations Engineering Manager and works closely with the site engineering and manufacturing operations teams.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of team.
- Develop written programs/procedures for maintenance shop activities.
- Select, coach and develop staff. Set clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team.
- Manage performance-- recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of maintenance experience in an operational environment
- 2 years of experience leading teams, developing people or organizing tasks.
- You have Integrity to do the right thing and walk to talk
- You're Innovative, experiment and push boundaries, you have great ideas that have break through results
- You lead with Agility and learn in the moment and set the pace for success
- You have a strong connection with People and are a talent champion
- You foster a Team Environment and take pride in our organization and understand working together achieves results
- You lead with Excellence through continuous improvement and a drive to win
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days. Each Friday we relax in our jeans!
- Product loan and discount programs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in the typical conditions of a manufacturing environment including seasonal variation in temperatures and occasional exposure to manufacturing fumes or by-products. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."