Material Technician - 3rd Shift
November 10, 2020 | Maquoketa, IA
This position is in Maquoketa, IA and is for 3rd Shift.RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for day to day part picking for parts and kits and final operations through kanban and pick lists. Additional responsibilities include general warehouse management and organization and appropriate management of component transfers and inventory accuracy.PRINCIPAL DUTIES
- Managing material on the lines and ensuring components are filled on a regular basis to ensure maximum uptime on the assembly line
- Being able to determine the highest priority for picked parts and putting orders together per the supplied picklists
- Should be able to identify different parts of the Husco label put on at receiving and store materials in the WH after being received
- Conduct searches for parts, making inventory transfers and creating labels for material to be transferred using warehouse software (BaaN, Dixsi)
- Navigate the housing WH and pull parts as needed by the assembly cells. Should also be able to do put away after clean and plug process
- Create and community part shortages when filling Kanban bins or picking piece part orders
- Update and maintain WO status file for picked orders
- Weight counting
- Completion of standard logistical documentation i.e. bill of laden, packing slips, etc.
- Ability to interpret and understand the Plant Operation Procedures, TS/ISO requirements and operator work instructions.
- Transfer of components locally via company vehicle including box truck and fork lifts
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Education
- 1-2 years experience in shipping and receiving (desired)
- Familiarization with enterprise system used to manage inventory
- Strong communications skills
- Certified for fork lift operation, able to maneuver hand jack, holds a valid driver's license Able to manage frequent changes in priorities, interruptions and deadlines.
- Ability to define job requirements and be a self-starter and hold self accountable for efficiency and accuracy of specific activity
Specialized skills and knowledge
- Computer Skills: Hand held scanners, email, enterprise systems i.e. Baan, SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, etc.
- In a standard workday this person will be required to sit 10% and stand, walk 80% Squat, kneel or twist and climb 10%.
- Lifting requirement of 50 lbs. maximum and 40 lbs. frequently.
- Visual requirements include ability to read work orders, blue prints, schematics, measuring devices, computer printouts and spreadsheet applications. Acute hearing is required for telephone
- communication purposes.
- Temperature and humidity controls are normal. Exposure to hazardous materials will be infrequent. This person may have to wear personal protective equipment which could include safety glasses and safety shoes, depending on the nature of the work.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)