Painter - 2nd Shift
November 10, 2020 | Maquoketa, IA
This position is located in Maquoketa, IA and is for 2nd Shift.RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Shipping Supervisor, duties include preparing the surface to bind to the paint you will apply, applying paint in the desired color and amount, often using specialized spaying equipment, ensuring the quality of the job is up to company standards, and cleaning up your work area and equipment.PRINCIPAL DUTIES
- Loading - Able to identify the valve, color that should be painted, and method for hanging on the paint line
- Booth 1 & Booth 2 - Understands requirements for booth 1 and booth; primer application, finish primer and top coat application
- Unload - Can unload various PNs and able to differentiate packaging methods for product packed straight off the paint line
- Beginner Baan/Dixsi - Able to log in and use hand held scanners and are able to perform the scan to pack process
- Chemical Testing - Must be able to complete chemical tests for the wash stations, make changes to the mixture, and document/log these changes
- Basic repairs
- Ability to mentor and train others
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of painting experience.
- Ability to use hand tools and torque equipment.
- Have the ability to obtain fork-lift training if necessary.
- Effective verbal communication skills with positive attitude.
- Dependable, exhibits initiative, accountability and maximizes use of time.
- Uses judgment and independent thinking to assure safe, accurate completion of assignments while meeting quality standards.
- Accurate data entry abilities.
- In a standard workday this person will be required to stand 65%, walk 20%, lift 10%, bend, squat, and stoop or twist 5%.
- This individual will be required to lift materials weighing 1-50 lbs. occasionally.
- Fine manipulation and dexterity is needed handling measuring equipment, in working with small parts/components, for data input, writing and phone dialing. This Painter will perform frequent grasping motions with their hands, pushing and pulling motions of arms when moving product or when activating assembly equipment and operating tools.
- Visual requirements include excellent number and depth perception, competent blueprint reading abilities, eye-hand coordination, ability to read measurement control devices.
- Total awareness of the plant environment as it pertains to safety of other assemblers, machinists; operation of equipment, handling of material and visitors is required. This person may come in contact with all types of plant hazard: mechanical, electrical and chemical. Temperature and humidity conditions of the environment are generally normal. Utilizes proper personal protective equipment which may include: safety glasses, face mask, ear plugs, gloves and safety shoes/boots.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)