Painter - 2nd Shift
November 10, 2020 | Maquoketa, IA
This position is located in Maquoketa, IA and is for 2nd Shift.
Under the direction of the Shipping Supervisor, duties include preparing the surface to bind to the paint you will apply, applying paint in the desired color and amount, often using specialized spaying equipment, ensuring the quality of the job is up to company standards, and cleaning up your work area and equipment.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal 'stamp' on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Loading - Able to identify the valve, color that should be painted, and method for hanging on the paint line
- Booth 1 & Booth 2 - Understands requirements for booth 1 and booth; primer application, finish primer and top coat application
- Unload - Can unload various PNs and able to differentiate packaging methods for product packed straight off the paint line
- Beginner Baan/Dixsi - Able to log in and use hand held scanners and are able to perform the scan to pack process
- Chemical Testing - Must be able to complete chemical tests for the wash stations, make changes to the mixture, and document/log these changes
- Basic repairs
- Ability to mentor and train others
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of painting experience.
- Ability to use hand tools and torque equipment.
- Have the ability to obtain fork-lift training if necessary.
- Effective verbal communication skills with positive attitude.
- Dependable, exhibits initiative, accountability and maximizes use of time.
- Uses judgment and independent thinking to assure safe, accurate completion of assignments while meeting quality standards.
- Accurate data entry abilities.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)