Join the BAYCOM Team!
Systems Technician – Madison, WI
Put your technical aptitude to work at BAYCOM!
The wireless communication industry is undergoing some very exciting times and our business continues to grow!
BAYCOM is the leading provider of mission-critical voice, mobile data and video solutions to public safety (e.g. fire, police, EMS, etc.) and commercial (e.g. manufacturing, education, transportation, construction, utilities, etc.) clients throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Midwest.
BAYCOM is 100% employee-owned and an affiliate of OwnersEdge, an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) holding company that strives to invest in and build sustainable companies across the Midwest. BAYCOM and the other affiliate businesses within the portfolio utilize their industry experience to drive profitable growth and create value for stakeholders including customers, communities and our ESOP employee owners.
To support our continued growth, we have created an excellent opportunity for an individual to join the BAYCOM team as a Systems Technician.
Growing – And that’s not an accident. We are now one of the 5 largest Motorola dealers and one of the 5 largest Panasonic dealers in North America. The breadth of our product and service portfolio across voice, mobile data, and video continues to create a competitive advantage for BAYCOM which is driving 11% – 15% annual growth.
Employee-Owners – At the heart of our success is the unique dedication of each employee. As employee owners in a 100% employee-owned company, we deliver an outstanding customer experience and believe that our value results from enriching our customers’ success. We hire the best and brightest, with great opportunities for growth and advancement. You are not just a number here.
Award Winning – It’s no secret that we like to win and have fun in the process as we are a Master Mettle Future 50 Award recipient, were named 2017 Top Business in Waukesha and were recognized as the 2014 Wisconsin ESOP of the Year.
- Someone with a demonstrated technical aptitude with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An independent thinker with strong organizational and planning abilities.
- Eager to learn about new technologies with on the job training from our experts.
- A true team player with an outstanding work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Experienced in basic computer skills (CompTIA A+ certification favorable)
- Experienced in basic computer networking skills (CompTIA Network+ certification favorable)
- Comfortable operating hand and power tools and possess an understanding of AC/DC electronics.
- Experienced pulling and terminating ethernet cable and installing equipment in residential or commercial buildings.
- Focused working under pressure in a customer facing environment.
- Able to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and occasional travel as needed to support the business.
- Accountable to work independently as well as on a team.
- Able to pass a background check for CJIS certification.
You can contribute and have an impact by…
- Executing projects in accordance with the statement of work provided for the project.
- Managing inventory and staging equipment prior to installation.
- Configuring equipment and insure it is installed properly.
- Working with customers to ensure we meet or exceed expectations for all performed work.
- Responding to service calls and performing system/component level diagnostics and maintenance as required on all systems.
- Being available for rotational off-hours on-call work.
- Support in the system design and pre-sales process.
- Keeping current on products and industry standards to ensure current best practices are followed.
The types of products you will support include…
- Two-way radio communication systems for Public Safety and Commercial business customers
- Surveillance video systems including video management systems
- Door access control systems
- 911 & Dispatching Solutions
- In-car, interview room, and body worn video solutions
- Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR) solutions
- Networking solutions including Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multipoint, and Mesh networks
- Networking equipment including switches, router, firewalls, and access points
BAYCOM IS 100% EMPLOYEE-OWNED
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER