POSITION SUMMARY: The Electro/Mechanical Assembler position requires a wide range of skills to prepare bulk container handling equipment both mechanically and electrically.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An understanding and proficient use of skills necessary to work from and solve problems using machine drawings, machine assembly drawings, controls schematics, and relevant bills of materials.
Understanding electrical schematics, machine drawings, assemblies, and related bills of materials includes tasks such as: match-marking the bulk container handling equipment for installation; attaching brackets and devices to the equipment; installing wireway and cable tray, and, wiring both power and control circuits of the equipment.
3. Engage in the reduction and/or elimination of non-value added work throughout the organization.
General wiring skills for performing the following skills are necessary:
* Control panel assembly * Control cabinet assembly * Pushbutton console assembly * Multi-phase circuit wiring * PLC knowledge * Conduit & wireway install * Control circuit wiring
The results of these tasks must represent quality workmanship, compliance with customer specifications, and must comply with any applicable codes (NEC, CSA, UL.). Specific tasks involved in specification compliance include correct conduit fills, proper wire sizing, and utilization of standard or non-standard parts to meet customer needs.
General mechanical skills and proficient use of hand tools are necessary for performing the following tasks:
* Structural assembly * Mechanical drive assembly * Fluid control assembly * Guard and cover assembly * Mechanical assembly The results of these tasks must represent quality workmanship, neatness and acceptable efficiencies.
*An understanding and proficient use of skills are necessary to perform machine debug; program debug; PLC programming; troubleshooting three phase and single phase electrical circuits; and equipment set-up. Specific tasks involved with the troubleshooting details of the job include "I/O" checks, set-up support for project engineers, and, based on the associates abilities and equipment competence, project set-up team leadership.
The understanding and proficient use of skills are necessary to perform quality assurance checks for the Blue Books.
The position requires an unquestionable accuracy on documentation skills that includes labor reporting, material issue/returns, material moves, and material scrap reports.
The position requires an understanding of inventory re-ordering policies that includes "KanBan".
Appropriate preparation of equipment for shipment including, but not limited to, machine teardown.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Associates degree in Electro/Mechanical Technology for advanced placement or applicable experience.
2. Five years of applicable experience for advanced placement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient and appropriate use of hand tools and light bench tools.
2. Understanding of simple to moderately complex mechanical systems. The general knowledge will advance naturally with added exposure to the requirements of the job.
3. General working knowledge of electricity. The general knowledge will advance naturally with added exposure to the requirements of the job.