Summary: A Chief Engineer will have the ability to work with and lead other Engineers/Designers/Detailers in completing various projects. He/She will apply engineering theory, principles, education and applicable technology to design and develop new products and modifications and/or improvements of existing products. Directs, coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assigns and oversees project personnel to specific phases or aspects of the project such as technical expertise, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
• Develops innovative approaches to engineering design and problem solving.
• Provides technical direction and leadership to Engineers, Designers, and Draftspersons as needed.
• Works cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Sales, and Purchasing in addressing issues, determining root causes, evaluating solutions, and solving those problems.
• Provides reports on the status of project milestones, sets long and short-term project goals, maintains and adjusts schedules and time-lines accordingly.
• Models/Designs product that is in compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer specifications, and manufacturing capabilities.
• Develops thorough product understanding. Stays up-to-date regarding his/her field of engineering and technology relative to Monroe products.
• Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
• Will have regular contact with several levels of employees both inside and outside the organization to obtain factual data where a high level of professional conduct and interpersonal skills are required
• Travel for field trouble shooting and service when necessary.
Mechanical Engineering Degree from a four-year College or University and five or more years of related experience and/or training.
Some experience in supervising and leading teams is desirable.
Indirectly responsibility for those assigned to the Product Team by providing the leadership, direction, and technical assistance necessary to complete the projects.
Proficient in Inventor or SolidWorks. FEA software experience to validate new designs and trouble shoot current designs is a plus.