January 28, 2021 | Waukesha, WI
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
The Automation Engineer is responsible for technical support for providing technical support for manufacturing environment on automated production lines. This role will work to resolve mechanical, electrical, PLC, robotics(Epson, FANUC), and vision(Cognex, Keyence) issues challenging the assembly and hydraulic functional testing on the manufacturing shop floor. The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. A successful Automation Engineer is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure, prioritize workload, and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal 'stamp' on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Maximize Operations Production and Efficiency.
- Maintain the current systems and equipment through analysis, troubleshooting and improvement.Perform the work needed to maximize production and efficiency.
- Implement/modify manufacturing processes to fulfill business needs.
- Works with manufacturing supervisors, production employees, and automation technicians to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and develop corrective actions to eliminate the return of those problems
- Implement best manufacturing practices for existing processes, system maintenance, and provide on-site manufacturing engineering support.
- Project Management: scheduling, tracking, team assignments, allocation of resources, status reports, facilitate effective problem solving, "selling" of new and innovative concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Experience in automation or fast pace manufacturing environment.
- Programming experience is required. (LabVIEW, Allen Bradley, Siemens required)
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic prints and schematics.
- Vision integration experience (Cognex, Keyence).
- HMI programming experience
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER)