February 10, 2021 | Waukesha, WI
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Controls Engineer is responsible for technical support for large scale projects - typically, new product lines, development and/or implementation of new manufacturing technology in support of new product lines or major improvements in existing product lines. This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining standardization across manufacturing sites. The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. A successful Controls Engineer is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure, prioritize workload, and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal 'stamp' on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Design, develop, debug and deliver automation controls and electrical controls hardware and software for internal customers
- Work as part of an execution team and assume complete responsibility of system updates or new system control functions from start to finish of the project.
- Function effectively in a team environment, hold process reviews, and training sessions as needed, and support quoting efforts as required.
- Write code (PC, PLC, VB, and LabVIEW) to execute process. Architect, develop, test, and deploy a reusable, modular software solution that involves using a structured software development process with version management.
- Integrate VFD and Servo motor controls to manufacturing equipment
- Write equipment support manuals, including electrical schematics and program documentation.
- Integrate vision hardware (Cognex, Keyence) into process/controls
- Support integration on manufacturing floor at all Husco global sites.
- Support field installation, startup and debug of systems at all Husco global sites.
- Good written and verbal communication with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work well with multiple tasks and under tight deadlines.
- Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Programming experience is required. (LabVIEW, Allen Bradley, Siemens required)
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic prints and schematics.
- Must have good electrical wiring and debugging experience.
- Vision integration experience (Cognex, Keyence).
- HMI programming experience, VB program knowledge needed
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- Understanding of OSHA safety standards required for automated assembly and test equipment.
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)