March 3, 2021 | Waukesha, WI
This position is located in Waukesha, WI.
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading, and entrepreneurial organization. The Controls Engineer is responsible for technical development and support for manufacturing assembly and test lines, and implementation of new manufacturing technology. The key to success in this position understanding controls at the system level while leading an overall vision of software and hardware architecture commonality and driven to support new and existing product lines.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal 'stamp' on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities globally
- Design, develop, test, debug and deliver controls for product line hardware and software
- Proven capability in automation controls development and design
- Work as part of a team and have responsibility of automation and/or system control function from start to finish of the project.
- Write specifications defining the functional scope of assembly and/or test machine requirements and work with suppliers to realize the timely execution of the requirements to the approved budget.
- Specify hardware and electrical drawings to communicate desired process\design
- Write code (PLC, LabVIEW, EPSON RC+) to execute process
- Write equipment support manuals.
- Support integration on manufacturing floor.
- Support field installation, startup and debug of systems
- Good written and verbal communication with internal and external customers
- Ability to work well with multiple tasks and under tight deadlines.
- Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced collaborative atmosphere
- Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering required. (degrees in related fields will be considered)
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in systems engineering, design, assembly, or manufacturing related to robotic automation systems.
- PLC programming experience
- Robot integration code experience
- LabVIEW experience
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic.
- HMI design and programming experience
- Understanding of OSHA safety standards required for automated assembly and test equipment.
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)