February 10, 2021 | Whitewater, WI
This position could be located in Whitewater, WI.
EHS Manager is energetic, driven and forward-thinking individual who will lead environmental, health, and safety initiatives for Husco's North American facilities and will partner with our global locations. The EHS Manager provides technical safety support to production staff and plant leaders, will develop the lead the safety team, build EHS programs, coordinate and facilitate trainings and monitor all EHS regulations. Must ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations, as well as maintaining ISO14001 and customer sustainability programs. This position will require close collaboration with Husco's executive and plant leadership team and company safety manager. A successful EHS Manager is a self-motivated individual who can analyze problems quickly, prioritize and manage several projects concurrently. Must be a strong team player, work well with colleagues globally, and product results within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal 'stamp' on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talent, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Commitment to Safety and Environmental Stewardship. Responsible for analyzing and communicating safety metrics that will build and sustain a proactive safety culture within North American (NA) facilities. This includes creating an annual safety training guide, facilitating training classes, and overseeing all safety committee strategic plans.
- Risk Management. Partner with Husco leadership to define and analyze organizational risk as it relates to building contingency planning, property insurance management, emergency response team and overall physical well-being for employees and guests at all global locations. Partner with plant management, Human Resources, employees, outside medical providers and insurance carriers to aggressively manage the worker's compensation program.
- Compliance and Reporting. Successful complete, submit, and maintain all local, state, and federal EHS reporting requirements, including OSHA, EPA, and DNR, for all NA facilities. Champion ISO 14001 certification, including reports, internal audits, programs, and liaise with external auditors. Partner with various departments to complete annual sustainability reports and provide metrics for customer report requests. Health and Industrial Hygiene: Lead EHS team to successfully complete and monitor all IH, PPE, and ergonomics assessments.
- Provide Exemplary Customer Service & Communication. Work closely with internal customer(s) to investigate all EHS requests, respond to questions and build collaboration across teams as necessary. Analyze and resolve problems and provide EHS assistance as necessary.
- Scale Steep Learning Curve. Rapidly expand company and product knowledge, EHS abilities, and apply past experiences to positively impact the company culture. Ability to enhance and improve current programs or develop new programs as needed.
- Collaborate with Other Departments. Build strategic partnerships with Operations, Engineering and Manufacturing to be on the forefront of new company initiatives, programs, and activities that may impact a function of employee Health and Safety.
- Supervise and Develop Employees. Demonstrate core cultural competencies to subordinates. Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Attract, retain, and develop the best people from inside or outside the company. Broadly share both responsibility and accountability with subordinates. Create an environment that allows employees the opportunity to finish their own work and trust people to perform the duties assigned. Improve performance and abilities of subordinates through training, counseling, disciplining and responding to employee ideas and concerns. Be aware and supportive of each subordinate's career goals. Bring out the best in people and is an effective people builder. Coach and lead team in taking calculated risks.
- Strong Leader, Team Player and Contributor. Cross functional team members look to you as a leader and liaison for effective change. Combine strong attention to detail with and orientation towards results/execution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety, Master's degree or MBA preferred
- 7-10 years hands-on experience in a multi-facility, manufacturing organization. In-depth knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations
- Experience managing ISO 140001 certification and renewal audits
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Exhibit good judgement, common sense, leadership, decision making skills, and possess effective interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and varied tasks
- Must have valid driver's license and willing to travel to Whitewater, WI and Maquoketa, IA frequently. Minimal global travel.
- Total travel commitment is about 60%.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)