The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we're united under one vision:To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we're transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there's only one thing to do: join our table and let's make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You're expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level - and you'll be rewarded. You're given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won't do it alone. You're supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.Job DescriptionEligible to receive up to a $2,000 Retention Bonus, along with a 50 cent increase following 1 year of service!Job Overview:
Are you ready to join a team that produces quality products that are amongst over 50 household brands in the U.S.? This is a place for you to create your career and make a career!
The Cook is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the cook equipment. This position requires the operation of equipment and the cooking of ingredients as well as completing the sanitation requirements of the job. This position is responsible for ensuring that work is performed in a safe manner with close attention to detail when it comes to product quality. This position must support all business systems (such as QCDSM, ISO, GMP's) while working in a team environment). When the employee is not assigned to the Cook job, they will be assigned to the B pool based on their seniority.Responsibilities & Duties:
- Operate the cook equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Responsible for following cook formula procedures for products that are produced on the lines.
- Perform set-up, start-up and changeover procedures for the equipment as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating any process or product abnormalities to your Supervisor, Team Leader or Line Technician.
- Perform the sanitation duties for the equipment in the cook area or other production equipment as well as sanitation period work as assigned.
- Responsible for conducting and documenting quality checks such as cook sheets, temperature charts, and other process documentation defined in the QCMS/DPS Procedures.
- Proper handling and usage of chemicals.
- Perform analysis of cleaner strengths on soaps and sanitizers used in the sanitation process.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the salvage rework system and completion of the proper documentation as needed.
- Maintain and monitor the power feed system.
- Non Dairy base setter will be a part of job duties.
- Perform Good Sanitation Practices (GSP's) when handling equipment.
- Must follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Perform all required observations and trainings timely as scheduled.
- Support Plant Quality Systems.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Team Leader.
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
- High School Diploma/GED Required.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Must perform job duties efficiently and safely.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds per NIOSH Lifting Equation and utilize plant approved safe lifting practices for over 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours on all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Responsible to follow FSQ requirements such as GMP's and other daily/job specific duties to support QRMP.
- Must adhere to all Kraft Policies as stated in the Employee Handbook and follow internal Kraft Heinz Procedures.
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, etc.
- (HRA) Health Reimbursement Account or (HSA) Health Savings Account.
- Starting Pay $23.25/Hour
- Non-Union (FOIP) Field Operations Incentive Plant.
Plant & Community Overview:
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends/holidays.
- First Shift: 5am - 1pm
- Second Shift: 1pm - 9pm
- Third Shift: 9pm - 5am
- Various start times on occasion for start-up.
- 206 employees
- Non Union Plant
- First Shift: 5am - 1pm
- Second Shift: 1pm - 9pm
- Third Shift: 9pm - 5am
- Plant History:
- J.L. Kraft purchased the Phenix Cheese Company in 1928, only 25 years after selling cheese to grocers in Chicago from his horse drawn wagon.
- In 1929, approximately 90 employees in the Kraft-Phenix Cheese Plant in Beaver Dam produced 10 million pounds of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Neufchatel, Camambert Cheeses, along with butter and sweet cream.
- Separation technology, which allowed cream cheese to stay fresher much longer - going from 18 days to 120 days, was developed in Beaver Dam by Oscar J. Link in the 1940's.
- In the 1960's the plant underwent a major remodeling to add additional cooler storage and dry storage. Kraft Heinz continues to invest in the Beaver Dam facility with state-of-the-art technologies in the cream cheese industry.
Visit this link to learn more about why is a great community to live and work in!Location(s)Beaver Dam PlantEqual Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.