The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we're united under one vision:To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we're transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there's only one thing to do: join our table and let's make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You're expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level - and you'll be rewarded. You're given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won't do it alone. You're supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.Job Description
The Engineering Manager will improve performance of productive equipment, preserve plant physical assets, and control maintenance labor and material costs to achieve plant performance goals. They will be responsible for forecasting and controllig plant capital spend to maximize investment value. This role will ensure compliance with Environmental Protection Agency regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices, the Occupational Safety & Health Act, and other regulations and standards.
* Protect the environment, and the company's good name and assets from harm by meeting all applicable environmental regulations and responding immediately to potential violations
* Protect the company's employees through focus on ergonomic issues and employee safety during both the planning and execution of capital projects, and enforcement of factory safety regulations such as lock out/tag out for outside contractors and company employees
* Develop, monitor and control the annual capital budget, maintenance expenses, and utility budgets
* Manage capital and facility maintenance projects and resources through timely equipment installation, service and repair
* Develop ideas and projects to reduce utility and energy costs
* Support the efficient operation of the Plant through effective utilization of Engineering and Facility Maintenance resources
* Assist and oversee maintenance of the plant equipment, buildings, and other assets to protect these assets and reduce equipment related downtime
* Research and develop new processing techniques to improve quality of product and production efficiencies
* Establish departmental goals that maintain focus on improving line efficiencies and product quality
* Determine equipment capabilities for new or revised factory layouts
* Evaluate production and packaging needs for Capital Equipment
* Participate on the Food Safety and HACCP Team
* Assist and partner with business leaders on implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean/Heinz Global Production System (HGPS)), including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation
* Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
* Accountable for the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field is required
* Minimum of 5+ years of increasing responsibility in plant engineering and project management in manufacturing
* Minimum of 5 years of experience with full cycle capital project management from appropriation preparation to field start up
* Minimum 5 years' experience working with process and high speed/automation equipment
* Previous experience managing a long term capital project plan
* Clear understanding of engineering economics and project justification
* Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, OSHA safety regulations, EPA regulations, and other related codes and regulations applying to the operation of a food products factory
* Working knowledge of boiler and compressed air operations in order to evaluate operating efficiencies
* Must be familiar with maintenance management system operations
* Leadership skills gained through course work, seminars, and experience in supervisory positions in maintenance and/or supervising contractors on capital projectsLocation(s)Lowville PlantEqual Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity