Are you ready to move your career forward, and start the BEST job of your life? Haskell is committed to providing you with the resources to help you grow and discover your potential. We promote an environment that encourages innovative ideas and allows you to develop the best "how" to get the job done.
The Consumer and Packaged Goods (CPG) Group at Haskell supports core markets throughout the United States, as well as Mexico and the Asia Pacific Region. Providing construction, architecture, and engineering for over 55 years in the food and beverage, consumer products, and beer, wine, and spirits markets, we work closely with many Fortune 500 companies providing our industry knowledge and expertise. Our CPG team is a melting pot of industry-leading experts and knowledgeable team members that work together, providing the best solutions to our clients with diverse backgrounds, knowledge, and experience. By joining the CPG team, you will become a part of a close-knit family that is ready to help support each other and our clients and a unique opportunity to build your skills, provide knowledge and create things that matter.
In this role, you will be responsible for most design aspects of a project including electrical design, PLC and HMI development, and data collection and reporting operations. You will develop and review the design budget, schedule, and scope of work in support of project development under the supervision of a Senior Engineer or Design Manager. You will independently manage vendor design and deliverable schedules and serve as primary day-to-day contact between the vendor and project team. You will also perform automation system commissioning and startup with very limited or no supervision.
- Conceptual Design
- Prepare/update Control System Architecture Drawings
- Prepare man-hour estimates for completion of the project
- Design low voltage (typically 480VAC and lower) power and control systems for automated process or packaging applications including control panels, HMI Stations, motor control centers, safety systems, and automation network design
- Prepare scopes of work, bills of material, specifications, and other necessary project installation documents
- Review and modify electrical drawings to ensure quality and functionality
- Develop functional specifications/sequence of operations
- Develop PLC application software
- Develop HMI application software
- Develop data collection and reporting software
- Construction/Startup Support
- Answer RFI's (Request for Information) from contractors and vendors
- Supervision of construction and check-out of control system panels and components in vendor's facilities
- Update and maintain installation punch list to track contractor progress/issues
- Provide informal training to the client operating and maintenance personnel related to process system operation and control system maintenance
- Commission control system: conduct point-to-point checks, perform trial performance runs, and performance runs with product
- Document and maintain proper records of all design changes made during installation and startup to serve as a basis for the development of record drawings for the control system
- Provide ongoing technical and troubleshooting support as requested by clients as ongoing support after startup
- Flexibility to travel for installations and onsite startup is required. The average travel expectation is up to 30%. Some periods of heavy travel should be expected
- Project Management
- Provide supervisors and project managers with reports on project progress concerning work completed and work remaining, actual time requirements versus estimates, and technical matters related to startup and/or client service
- Profitability/ Planning/Scheduling
- Coordinate with the project manager to maximize project profitability. Work to develop technical skills to maximize execution efficiency
- Maintain close contact and coordination with supervisor and project managers concerning all internal and external activity for scheduling
- Professional Development
- The pursuit of a Professional Engineering License is encouraged
- Mentored other staff members on learned technical job skills
- Degreed Engineer in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field with 5 to 10 years of experience in industrial controls design
- Experience in the food, pharmaceutical, beverage, or consumer products industries is preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications:
- Ability to understand and generate electrical designs/schematics for automation and control systems
- PLC programming in RSLogix5000 for Allen-Bradley is required, other platforms desired
- HMI programming in one of the following is required: Allen-Bradley, Wonderware, or Ignition
- Ability to develop simple sketches and drawings and provide verbal instructions to communicate and define design requirements
- Ability to use basic electrical instruments such as multimeters required
- Strong computer skills
- Experience in other software programming languages is very desirable
- Experience in MSSQL Schema and development is very desirable
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexibility required to adjust to changing timelines and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and adhere to both company and client design standards
- Excellent skills in time management, organization, and analytics
- Must be able to communicate in an objective and concise manner with supervisor(s), project managers, process engineers, suppliers, clients, and others, both orally and in writing, as related to job duties
- Must exhibit sound interpersonal skills and maintain amicable professional relationships with all company, client, and related business personnel
- Must be self-motivated about the completion of assigned tasks and in obtaining new work from supervisors
- Basic understanding of hydraulics, fluid flow, pneumatics, and electric circuits
Environmental Factors and/or Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, this position is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, and arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
Haskell will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessities. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Haskell is a Drug-Free Workplace.