Responsible for the design of plumbing systems from concepts into specific layouts that include calculations, layouts, sizing, equipment selections, BIM instructions for the project, and specifications, required to assure project completeness and accuracy within the allocated period of time and monetary budget that has been assigned.
The Plumbing Project Designer consistently exercises their discretion and judgment in the performance of these duties.
- Act as Lead Designer on projects and can perform complete plumbing systems design (waste, vent, and natural gas) according to code.
- Specify equipment based on project needs and available technologies, research resources for commercially available equipment.
- Calculate costs and time schedules for proposed work; review all files to determine scope and personnel involved.
- Maintain good client relations, project design notebook, and provide documentation for permanent record files.
- Coordinate design and schedule with other disciplines such as architectural, structural, electrical, technology, mechanical, clerical and equipment suppliers.
- Document design decisions, meetings, and instructions from client promptly while monitoring project design progress as related to fee expended.
- Review all project documents for accuracy and completeness prior to requesting a final check.
- Prepare and issue addendum information.
- Recognize potential project problems quickly and seek advice from the Project Manager.
- Review design methods, procedures, changes in scope, and client correspondence with the Project Manager.
- Conduct periodic job site observations as required by the contract services agreement.
- Mentor designers and /or technicians.
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans and drawings.
- Proficient in producing detailed plumbing designs using, Revit and BIM.
- Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, and Bluebeam software tools.
- Strong oral and written skills and a proven ability to interact professionally with a wide range of professionals.
- Solid understanding of plumbing systems (waste, vent, domestic water, and natural gas).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or applicable discipline with four - six years or practical plumbing design experience.
- Minimum of ten years of applicable experience.
- Regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, see, hear, and lift objects up to 25 pounds. Occasionally required to drive, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, reach with hands or arms, and grasp or pull.
- Will have limited exposure to outside weather conditions and loud noises.
IMEG Corp., an employee owned corporation, is committed to investing in employees' futures through structured programs including formal mentoring, opportunities for career advancement and professional development. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO, flexible schedule, and assistance with tuition reimbursement. Additionally, employees are eligible to enroll in health, dental, vision, and life insurance on their first day of employment.
Ready to engineer your career? Apply today!
IMEG Corp. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.