Are you ready to move your career forward, and start the BEST job of your life? Haskell is committed to providing you with the resources to help you grow and discover your potential. We promote an environment that encourages innovative ideas and allows you to develop the best "how" to get the job done.
The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Group at Haskell supports core markets throughout the U.S., as well as Mexico and the Asia Pacific Region. Providing architecture, engineering, and construction for over 55 years in the food and beverage, consumer products, and beer, wine and spirits markets, we work closely with many Fortune 500 companies providing our industry knowledge and expertise. Our CPG team is a melting pot of industry-leading experts and knowledgeable team members who work together to provide the best solutions to our clients with diverse backgrounds, knowledge, and experience. By joining the CPG team, you will become a part of a close-knit family ready to help support each other and our clients and a unique opportunity to build your skills, provide knowledge and create things that matter.
In this role, you will be responsible for the production of innovative, appropriate, cost-effective, designs, drawings, and specifications in their discipline for assigned projects. Maintains professional registration and signs/seals documents prepared under your supervision.
- Application of Knowledge of Civil Engineering Applications (Conceptual Design)
- Participates in project strategy meetings within discipline, develops design concepts and recommends systems, produces pricing and proposal presentation documents, and outlines specifications
- Researches and is responsible for discipline design compliance with proposal/client criteria
- Researches, and documents and is responsible for discipline design compliance with all applicable codes, ordinances, standards, and regulations
- Awareness of resources to complete due diligence where limited information is provided
- Analysis Ability
- Identifies the basis of design for hydrology, hydraulics, site utilities, and erosion sediment control design approach
- Able to create clear, complete, and concise stormwater, water demand, and wastewater calculation reports
- Understands the methodology of civil interaction with geotechnical engineering
- Ability to engage civil design software, e.g. Civil 3D, ICPR, SSA, etc.
- Knowledge of coordinating and securing permit requirements
- Ability to create non-standard detailing
- Ability to detail appropriate site elements
- Construction Documents
- Assemble discipline specifications for assigned projects
- Coordinates work with other disciplines. Performs interdisciplinary coordination checks to minimize deficiencies, errors, and omissions in drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of modern civil engineering theories, procedures, and methods to solve a wide range of engineering problems
- Construction Support
- Attend the civil engineering/site work preconstruction meeting
- Assists Construction Project Managers, Superintendents, and Subcontractors in the interpretation and clarification of construction documents and response to requests for information
- Reviews applicable shop drawings and submittal data for compliance with construction documents
- Monitor compliance with design intent, construction drawings, and specifications. Prepares observation reports
- Engage solutions to field problems and prepares field orders, addenda, and record drawings
- Project Management
- Responsible for the production of well-organized, finished drawings of good appearance, accuracy, clarity, and correctness
- Directs technical efforts of discipline Interns, designers, technicians, and subordinate engineers assigned to the project
- Profitability, Planning, and Scheduling
- Manage personal productivity to maintain a profitable margin while executing the basic services
- Identify and communicate design scope change orders to the design manager
- Monitor civil designer staff to assure fiscal efficiency
- Meet civil design schedule to align with target dates for deliverables
- Assure that open permits are sufficiently closed out and terminated with applicable agencies
- Professional Development
- Participates in formulation and advocates compliance with discipline standards and procedures
- Participates in the professional community and trade organizations within discipline
- Identify continuing education opportunities to expand professional growth and advance the collective ability of the discipline
- Promote and encourage discipline staff to use innovative techniques to solve a variety of complex engineering problems
- Champion compliance to corporate standards and best practices
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree with 3-5 years of civil engineering experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications:
- Licensed Professional Engineer. Must have had PE license for a minimum of 2 years
- Advanced knowledge of civil engineering means and methods, permitting with agencies and engineering software (ICPR, SSA, AutoCAD Civil 3D)
- Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values of Team, Excellence, Service, and Trust
Environmental Factors and/or Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, this position is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, and arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
Haskell will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessities. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Haskell is a Drug-Free Workplace.